Beyond Deadlines is an electronic news site (e-news) that aspires to initiate meaningful conversations or dialogues through its postings. Hopefully, the ideas emanating from these exchanges would lead to the empowerment of the poor, deprived and the oppressed.
At the same time, Beyond Deadlines wants to be at the forefront of spearheading changes in the reading habits of Filipinos, to make them more aware of mainstream international events and important community developments in the Filipino diaspora worldwide. Its articles are sourced from alternative but reputable sites and written by professional news writers.
Beyond Deadlines has an international character as its journalists are based in different parts of the world. It reaches Filipinos worldwide but most especially those in the United States, Europe, Middle East and Southeast Asia. It uses English and Filipino in delivering news and opinions.
Rest assured the Beyond Deadlines news and opinion teams are striving that only news items and opinions that would impact Filipinos abroad and in the motherland will see publication in our site.
It is our hope that Beyond Deadlines would be an arena where ideas are sharpened and translated into positive action. Support us now and hopefully we would have a heck of a reading.
Why read and share Beyond Deadlines?
Beyond Deadlines may still be a small entity but it is undeniably unique and growing.
- It is the only news website about the Philippines that treats the Filipino and English languages on equal footing.
- It is a site where you can read news and feature stories about the nation’s different diaspora communities worldwide and mainstream events written by seasoned Filipino and foreign writers.
- It is a web based international, national and community news source for the Filipino. Already, BD’s site has been visited by close to 200,000 times by web users from all over the world in the past two years. Since late last year, the daily average number of BD visitors is about 1,200.
- It is an independent media entity for it is not beholden to any corporation or politician.
- More importantly, BD presents an alternative view of events worldwide that is neither rightist or leftist in orientation, albeit slanted towards Filipino nation building.Read and see why BD is a must read daily.