THE Maningning Miclat Art Foundation, Inc. in cooperation with District Gallery and Far Eastern University’s President’s Committee on Culture is all set to unveil its forthcoming art exhibit on Tuesday at the Exhibit Hall, Nicanor Reyes Hall of Far Eastern University in Manila.
The 2018 Maningning Miclat Art Award Exhibit-sale, which starts at 5 pm., features The Top 18 Shortlisted Finalists from a total of 64 qualified entries received online. The artists and the title of their works are as follows:
1. Andres M. Catig – “Dinadalaw Na Naman Tayo Ng Kaluluwa ni Papa”
2. Arvin Santos – “Ordinary Day”
3. Christine Capili – “Tabula Rosa”
4. Cyriel Cleope – “Peace”
5. Cyrill Jan Mustera – “Sinners”
6. Deo Carlos Amarante – “Longings of the Heart”
7. Dhan Louie Bautista – “Collateral Damage”
8. Dominic Nelson Jinon – “Come He’s Here!”
9. Harddy DC Santos – “Cover Up”
10. Jayroll P. Francisco- “Icon”
11. Jessica Lopez (Lady Fishbone) – “Motion of Life”
12. Jheco Lorica – “The Modern Throne of Basic Needs”
13. John Nikko Pelaez – “Beg”
14. Kenneth H. Santiago – “Different State of Emotions”
15. Ralph Lauren Barola – “The ARTstoppable”
16. Ronald Dulay – “Balik Tanaw”
17. Rhicelle Kirk Tabanera – “Different Motions through everyday situations”
18. Wendi T. Patoc, “Hindi Na Maibabalik Pa”
Now on its eighth year, the Maningning Miclat visual arts awards started in 2004.
As a special added treat, the four past winners will also unveil their latest works in the exhibit-sale.
They are as follows: Dexter Sy from FEU in 2004, Melvin Arlegui from FEU in 2006, John Magne Lisondra from Negros Oriental State University in 2012, Niňo Cubacub from EARIST in 2014, and Robert Tiaño from Lipa City Public College in 2016.
The public is invited to the exhibit-sale and are requested to make reservations at the FEU President’s Committee on Culture at telephone numbers: (632) 849-4145 or (632) 736-4897.
All artworks are for sale until 5:00 pm of September 26, 2018. The announcement of the winner will be held at the historic, newly re-opened FEU Auditorium during the Art Awards ceremony. The Grand Prize winner will be awarded a Julie Lluch Sculpture trophy, Php28,000.00 check, Miclat book collection, and a solo exhibit at District Gallery Quezon City.
“Ginugunita Kita” performance art immediately follows at 6 p.m. The show features the poems of the late Maningning Miclat, set to music by multi-awarded composer Jesse Lucas. Guest artists include soloist Banaue Miclat-Janssen, artistic director of Dulaang UP, with Renato Lucas on the cello and Jesse Lucas on the piano. Special participation will be provided by tenor Al Gatmaitan, FEU dancer Angela Castro, and visual artist Nasser Lubay.
For tickets, call Ticketworld at 8919999.