FINALLY after more than a decade, Quezon City can now boast of a Culture and Arts Council.
This after city Mayor Herbert M. Bautista ordered the creation of a Culture and Arts Council (CAC) pursuant to a 2006 ordinance that aims to develop and strengthen the premier city’s cultural fabric.
In issuing Office Order 110-2018, Mayor Bautista appointed the following to sit in the QC CAC:
* Councilor Kate Abigael G. Coseteng, in her capacity as chairperson of the City Council Committee on Tourism, Cultural Affairs and Heritage;
* Teresa Tirona representing the Quezon City Tourism Council;
* Marian C. Orayani, city budget officer;
* Pedro P. Rodriguez Jr., city planning and development officer;
* Ares P. Gutierrez, city information officer
* Dr. Elizabeth E. Quesada, superintendent of schools, and
* Divina Gracia P. Pascua, officer-in-charge of the QC Tourism Department
Representatives from theater, visual arts, heritage conservation, indigenous people and cultural communities and NGOs will also be named to the Council.
The QC Tourism Department will serve as the Council’s secretariat.