QUEEN Elizabeth II, the largest landowner on Earth, has in her possession the most expensive pearl in the world. The pearl was a gift to her mother by Sultan Badarrudin II of the Sultante of Sulu and the Kingdom of North Borneo. Sultan Badarrudin II is a Filipino Tausug.
QUEEN Elizabeth II, head of state of the United Kingdom and of 31 other states and territories, is the legal owner of about 6,600 million acres of land, one sixth of the earth’s non ocean surface.
The Queen is the only person on earth who owns whole countries and who owns countries that are not her own domestic territory. This land ownership is separate from her role as head of state and is different from other monarchies where no such claim is made – Norway, Belgium, Denmark etc.
The value of her land holding. £17,600,000,000,000 (approx).
This makes her the richest individual on earth. However, there is no way easily to value her real estate. There is no current market in the land of entire countries. At a rough estimate of $5,000 an acre, and based on the sale of Alaska to the USA by the Tsar, and of Louisiana to the USA by France, the Queen’s land holding is worth a notional $33,000,000,000,000 (Thirty three trillion dollars or about £17,600,000,000,000).
Her holding is based on the laws of the countries she owns and her land title is valid in all the countries she owns.
Her main holdings are:
• Canada, the 2nd largest country on earth, with 2,467 million acres
• Australia, the 7th largest country on earth with 1,900 million acres
• the Papua New Guinea with 114 million acres
• New Zealand with 66 million acres
• the UK with 60 million acres
She is the world’s largest landowner by a significant margin.
• The next largest landowner is the Russian state, with an overall ownership of 4,219 million acres, and a direct ownership comparable with the Queen’s land holding of 2,447 million acres.
• The 3rd largest landowner is the Chinese state, which claims all of Chinese land, about 2,365 million acres.
• The 4th largest landowner on earth is the Federal Government of the United States, which owns about one third of the land of the USA, 760 million acres.
• The fifth largest landowner on earth is the King of Saudi Arabia with 553 million acres
Largest five personal landowners on Earth:
• Queen Elizabeth II – 6,600 million acres
• King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia – 553 million acres
• King Bhumibol of Thailand – 126 million acres
• King Mohammed IV of Morocco – 113 million acres
• Sultan Quaboos of Oman – 76 million acres